Comet Fuel Saving System already saves energy and money to our clients:
- JKP Beogradske elektrane, JKP Novosadska toplana, (District heating systems in Belgrade, Novi Sad ),
- GSP Novi Sad (Public transport company in Novi Sad),
- RTB Bor,
- Copper mine Majdanpek,
- RITE Ugljevik
- Keramika Kanjiža,
- Trayal corporation (Tire and rubber company), and more.
Why choose Comet Fuel Saving System?
- Fuel saving - CFSS reformulates all types of fuel (petrol, diesel, heating oil, propane) resulting in significant fuel consumption reduction
- Higher efficiency - Reformulated fuel burns better and produces more energy
- Eco friendly – Significantly reduces smoke, sooth and greenhouse gases
- Return of investment period (ROI) is in most cases shorter than one year
- Easily installed, maintenance free and works for years to follow
- In New York solely, there are close to 1000 commercial applications of this technology
Science corner – how does it all work?
The Research Group at the University of Connecticut School of Chemistry has been evaluating the technology that stands behind Comet Fuel Saving System since 1999, with the support, in some instances, of the U.S. Department of Energy (DoE) and the U.S.
Department of Defense (DoD). They confirmed:
- That a molecular reformulation of the fuel does take place when passing through the catalyst;
- That this reformulation positively affects the fuel combustion, resulting in enhanced efficiency and reduced consumption of fuel
- That residential installations tend to yield high reductions, averaging up to 20.3%, while commercial installations average up to 14.0%.
The CS Catalyst Unit (CSCU) is a non-mechanical device which is installed in-line of the fuel line, between the fuel tank and the combustion chamber / burner. The device constructively reformulates any hydrocarbon fuel passing through the catalyst – through modification of molecular sequence and structure, enabling it to burn more effectively. This more efficient combustion causes an increase in stack temperature. Since this excess stack temperature is not needed, in order to reduce the stack temperature back down to its most efficient level, a smaller amount of fuel is needed to match or exceed the original baseline efficiency. The results are definitive, measurable savings in fuel consumption.
The inside of a CSCU consists of a patented mixture of metallic alloys that, when exposed to fuels, causes a temporary catalytic conversion that can last for several days, depending on a number of environmental variables. Specifically, the CSCU can extract hydrogen atoms from different fuel components, thereby changing the composition of the fuel. Oxygen is present when the catalyst is exposed to the fuel and oxygenated compounds that can burn more efficiently are produced.
The ability to selectively remove a few hydrogen atoms from specific sites is a key to the enhancement of fuel. Removing and redistributing hydrogen atoms from components of gasoline to produce olefins that can couple to form larger hydrocarbons has been measured. The ability of the same catalysts to introduce oxygen to hydrocarbons to form oxygenates has also been measured.
The combination of these two different reactions result in aromatic ring decomposition, coupling, olefin formation and oxygenation - all of that simultaneously - which is unique as regards chemical activity, constructive, and leads to enhanced combustion from the hydrocarbon fuel feedstock.
The CSCU demonstrates the ability to produce reformed fuel species at room temperature. That fact stands as an evidence that this technology is broadly applicable in enhancement treatements of all types of hydrocarbon based fuels.